Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ettah_1

Roku remote batteries keeps dying every week ๐Ÿ˜’

My roku remote batteries keeps dying every week. Is there a way to fix this? I'm tired of buying batteries all the time it's really annoying 

24 REPLIES 24
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote batteries keeps dying every week ๐Ÿ˜’

Hi @Ettah_1

Thanks for the post.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Oz

I have the same problem.  Batteries die in my remote after 5-7 days. By contrast I replace the batteries in my TV remote about every 6 to 8 months.  This problem clearly doesn't have anything to do with usage.

My serial number is:

YH00D3809110

Thank you!

Eddie_T
Streaming Star

YF009D358675

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Oz @Eddie_T

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
KittyM

My Roku remote is doing the same thing and Iโ€™m using Duracell batteries. It dies within a couple of days of installing fresh batteries.   @RokuDanny-R can you please help?   Thanks.  Serial #YH006A326322.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @KittyM

Thanks for reaching out!

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bonez
Channel Surfer

Can you help me as well.  Our device serial number is YJ0021501101, but our Roku Voice Remote was newly purchased in April.  That is the one whose batteries keep dying so quickly . . . and it also is very frequently unapired as well

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bonez

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bonez
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the reply, Danny, but there has been no follow-up to assist me.  None.  Zilch.  Nada.  Zero.

0 Kudos