Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobRupp

Re: Roku remote “Unable to hear you”

I am not able to use the voice command on my Roku I have a 4660 x Roku Ultra model, have replaced the batteries, system is updated, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Serial number YJ0074874719

Device id CK37D7874719

What the **bleep** is going on?

It just keeps saying unable to hear you? Why? What do I have to do to make it hear me. Please help.

Thanks,

Rob

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RobRupp

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I also have the same issue, however, mine is a bit different, as once I turn the TV on & off again, sometimes two more times, then it will work, until the next day, or that night if I turn it off for a period of time. It just won't work the first time I turn on my TV!!!   What the **bleep** is causing this odd issue???  I don't like having to turn my TV on & off at least twice for every time I turn it on, just for the remote to work properly, it will greatly shorten the life of my TV doing that so often, and it's also a pain, because I then have go through the menu to get back to where I was, and it will cancel out the station set as the last one. 

What could be causing the remote voice feature to only work after turning on & off the TV, EVERY TIME?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@StevenCee

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
With more detailed information, we will be be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tyjo2112

I’m wondering if maybe there is a bug in the update because I have the same version 11.0.0 build 4193-30 and my voice remote is now just a remote as well.   Has been for a while now.

not a noob here - 100% batteries, paired fine, has worked for ages as is, till it didn’t blah blah blah.   The one thing I can see that is not the same - software version.

Remote works 100% fine as it should with the exception of the microphone.  I have scoured the web for someone with a clue and there is a ton of people with the same real problem.  So either there are issues with the microphone taking a **bleep** on a lot of our voice remotes, or it’s a software thing.   

if roku tech wants to chat or some data you can email me tyjo2112 at the ya hoo, I won’t be monitoring this thread since there isn’t any solution here.

max_headless
Channel Surfer

considering the problem is the voice function on the remote, do you seriously need to ask what steps you need to reproduce it?

It’s no wonder Roku stock has become worthless

Yup. Having the same issue as everyone else. Voice remote stopped being able to hear me. Batteries are new, tried repairing several times. Not ok. I’d like this resolved!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BrokenVoice

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
With more detailed information, we will be be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R 

What "more detailed information" is really necessary?  The voice function (in my case) only works sometimes. Most of the time it says" Something's gone wrong" as soon as I press the button, or "Sorry I can't hear you", requiring me to try sometimes 10 more times!  Then it may finally take me to the right channel!  Or else it won't, and I have to turn the TV off, then on again, sometimes two or three times! Then it will work, for awhile. Or, like just now, it hears me, says "Thinking..."  then "Tuning..." and instead of taking me there, NOTHING HAPPENS!  It goes nowhere, and only causes frustration, instead of being a convenience....

0 Kudos

Have had this issue for weeks now, on a 4K streaming stick. voice remote with magnifying glass search button, batteries were at 17% so changed them, still didn’t work. Tried repairing the remote, didn’t work. Checked for system update and the latest was available, I was on 11.0 and 11.5 was available. Installed that, still nothing.

Surely this is a widespread enough issue for them to fix it? Crazy