Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliazabib

Re: Roku Voice Remote won’t Charge

Jump to solution

The lights stops blinking after a couple of minutes and then when I pull the plug out it won't operate the TV. The only time it operates the TV is when it is plug into the outlet.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote won’t Charge

Jump to solution

Hi @eliazabib, thanks a bunch for keeping us in the loop!

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue. We want to take a closer look at it. Please be advised that we've sent you a private message. Keep an eye on your email for further assistance.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjoy

Re: Roku voice Remote won’t charge

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have tried all of yiur suggestions and the remote still indicates 0% charge,

What’s next?

Thank you,

Mary

0 Kudos
Dphpdx

Re: Roku Voice Remote PRO won’t Charge

Jump to solution

I had the same issue with my rechargeable Remote Pro, I tried everything - resetting the remote, tried to drain battery by pressing a light clamp on one of the buttons for a while.  Magic finger salute stuff I saw posted elsewhere, etc.

I finally decided to open up the remote case, it wasn't easy to pry it apart.  I then disconnected the rechargeable battery for about a minute, and then reconnected it back.  I then re-paired the remote to my ROKU device (4K Stick) and my Samsung TV.  I then plugged it back into my original charger using my original charge cable.  In about 2 hours, my remote which was at 9% charge was at a full 100%.  

These steps worked for my, but it was pretty brutal opening that remote to get to the battery and I only broke off one small peice of plastic at the bottom of the remote which is not not noticeable. 

@djsfw57 

This was my original email to support:

Thank you.  I wanted to follow up with this question about my remote that would not charge.  Our phone connection kept getting cut off, not sure why, but I assume it was my carrier.

I reset the remote pro using the procedures on the website and then re-paired it with my roku device and TV.  I did this twice.  Problem still existed.

I could not find a way to drain the battery other than setting it aside and putting a clamp on the buttons, but gave up when after 1 day, battery dropped 1%.  Actually a good design, IMHO.

I broke open the rechargeable remote pro device and disconnected the red and white rechargeable battery from the remote mainboard inside (I disconnected it for about 1 minute), then connected the red and white wire back to the remotes mainboard.  I then plugged the remote back into the charger I had originally always used.  About two hours later the remote was fully charged. 

I’ll post this to the support forum, but hopefully there is a better way to reset the remote than the brutal manner I went through.  I only broke off a small piece of plastic on the remote and it is hardly noticeable when using the remote.  At least it is revived for now. 

I hope this helps your team, and if you figure out a smarter way to reset these rechargeable remotes when this occurs, please post it to the forum for other users. 

Sincerely,

Dan

0 Kudos
djsfw57
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku voice Remote won’t charge

Jump to solution

I finally gave up. I'm baffled that Roku clearly doesn't give a **bleep** about this issue and is going to make no effort to fix the problem. I have emailed them so many times it's ridiculous, and all I EVER get back from them is a request to send all sorts of information. The problem is that I have sent it repeatedly, and every time they disappear after I send what they are asking for. No response at all after I follow their instructions. Roku support is basically non-existent.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.