Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krztoff
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro with TV controls - battery drains completely about once a week

I have a fairly new remote which can’t seem to hold a charge for more than a week or so.  I don’t even have the voice switch enabled.  Is there something I can do to get this thing to hold a charge for a reasonable amount of time?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro with TV controls - battery drains completely about once a week

Hi, @johnsoniiii @Krztoff

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the concern you've encountered with the Roku Voice Remote Pro and rest assured that we'll further assist you.

Just to verify, have you tried using an alternative charging cord to see if you're able to notice the battery drain issue persists after trying this step? Also, how often do you use the remote and its features such as voice command and private listening?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krztoff
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro with TV controls - battery drains completely about once a week

I have tried several charging methods.  

I never use the voice command or private listening at all.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Krztoff,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Have you tried charging this overnight to see if that makes any difference?

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krztoff
Reel Rookie

That’s how we charge it every time

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Krztoff,

Thanks for the update!

Could you tell us how long you have been using this remote and when you started seeing the issue occur?

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krztoff
Reel Rookie

I purchased it new on Feb 18 2023.  It’s been behaving this way for at least the last 6 months.  Ive been testing different charging cables and whatnot all that time hoping to find something that works better but nothing seems to help

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Krztoff,

We appreciate it!

We'll take a closer look into this, and we'll need reinforcement from our Support team for further assistance. I'll share this with them and have also sent you a PM for more information.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.