Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark-Paul

Roku Voice Remote Pro Stopped Working

Jump to solution

I had the exact same problem with the remote suddenly not working after over a year of no problems and the exact same issue and the exact same frustration of people telling me to take out the batteries on a rechargeable remote with no removal batteries. Your solution of holding the pairing button for a good 20+ seconds did solve the problem. Thanks for your help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
naivenostalgia
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro Stopped Working

Jump to solution

I know OP has solved their issue, but I wanted to share some relevant info in case it might help someone.

I bought my remote in Nov 2022 & have had increasingly frequent issues as of 3-4 months ago. The same as OP, where only limited buttons work out of nowhere. I've had the voice functions completely stop working. I've had severe lag from pressing buttons to the TV responding. I've also had my TV completely freeze & restart due to the lag from the remote. I've also had the battery drain excessively fast only to then last for weeks on the next charge without any change in use. I've also had the remote not charge with a charger plugged into it.

I have never had these issues with the basic/non-voice remote that came with my TV. Maybe it is related to the IR vs wireless connection? Maybe not.

Regardless, I have always been able to fix the issues with the voice remote via one of the following ways:

• Fully restarting the TV.

• Holding down the button on the back of the remote (sometimes in the pairing screen, sometimes during whatever I'm watching).

• To make the remote respond to a charging cable, I hold down the back button with the cable attached until the green light blinks & the TV shows the charging message.

This is all super annoying & we shouldn't have to deal with it, but hopefully this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Audiophobe

Jump to solution

I agree.

So annoying to recommend removing batteries on a rechargeable remote.

For me, pressing and holding the reset did not work and when I plugged in the charger the green light did not come on. 

So, I plugged in the charger THEN held the reset button for 20 seconds and that did it!

0 Kudos
naivenostalgia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I know OP has solved their issue, but I wanted to share some relevant info in case it might help someone.

I bought my remote in Nov 2022 & have had increasingly frequent issues as of 3-4 months ago. The same as OP, where only limited buttons work out of nowhere. I've had the voice functions completely stop working. I've had severe lag from pressing buttons to the TV responding. I've also had my TV completely freeze & restart due to the lag from the remote. I've also had the battery drain excessively fast only to then last for weeks on the next charge without any change in use. I've also had the remote not charge with a charger plugged into it.

I have never had these issues with the basic/non-voice remote that came with my TV. Maybe it is related to the IR vs wireless connection? Maybe not.

Regardless, I have always been able to fix the issues with the voice remote via one of the following ways:

• Fully restarting the TV.

• Holding down the button on the back of the remote (sometimes in the pairing screen, sometimes during whatever I'm watching).

• To make the remote respond to a charging cable, I hold down the back button with the cable attached until the green light blinks & the TV shows the charging message.

This is all super annoying & we shouldn't have to deal with it, but hopefully this helps.

0 Kudos
JerryJK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I encountered the same issue with my remote suddenly becoming unresponsive, despite working flawlessly for over a year. Like others, I faced frustration when advised to remove the batteries, which wasn't possible with my rechargeable remote. Thankfully, your suggestion of holding the pairing button for an extended period, around 20 seconds or more, resolved the problem. I'm grateful for your assistance in resolving this issue and restoring functionality to my remote. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.