Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HpSauce
Reel Rookie

Simple remote DOA. IR LED

Finally got around to debugging my dead-on-arrival roku simple remote. I have just been using one of my spares.

Do they even test these things before shipping?

The IR LED is dead. I've seen a few other posts saying similar problems. Anyone know the specs of a suitable led to use as a replacement part?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Simple remote DOA. IR LED

We appreciate you contacting us here in the Roku Community, @HpSauce!

Thank you for reporting your issues with your Roku Players (Simple) Remote. I'd be happy to investigate this case and find the best solution for you.

Kindly let me know if this is the remote that came with your Roku device or if it was purchased separately. Also, when and where did you purchase this? 

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HpSauce
Reel Rookie

It was a remote that came with a Roku Express 3930EU from Amazon.co.uk on 27 May 2022.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for responding, @HpSauce.

In this case, have you contacted Amazon Support or one of our live Support experts for assistance in replacing the defective remote when you received it? If so, please provide me with the support ticket number so I can check. You may send it via Private Message. (to send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.)

Roku provides a limited warranty for the hardware against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use if used in accordance with the provided documentation. Kindly check our support article dedicated to this: Roku Limited Warranty.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.