Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremysinput
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once

I have this runaway volume increase problem too.  Please fix this. -Jeremy 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jeremysinput!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be glad to assist you with this but will need further information first.

May we first know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Also, when did the issue start happening? Are there any blinking lights

We suggest trying to press and hold the Back and Home button simultaneously for about 30 seconds to see if this helps.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Chamisul
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once

Hello, 

I've been having the same issue like what's being said here, press the volume one up or down once (one click) and it goes all the way up or down.  It was happening very consistently on my LG TV, but not on the Samsung.  I even switched remotes and it still happed on the LG TV, but not on the Samsung.  

Anyway, I tried the "hold home and back button" for 30 seconds (I saw a little battery symbol) at the top right of the TV and released the buttons.  Now the volume problem is gone and works like it should. I'll let you know if it comes back, but so far so good for 2 days now. 

Good luck, Albert Chamisul,  

Lisavln

Thanks for the tip about pressing the home and back button for 30 seconds. We tried it, and so far so good. I sat here reading all these posts for the answer. Took me a few hours to investigate, but you’ve saved the day!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.