Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaxace
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra LT Remote Arrow Buttons repeating

One-month old remote has started repeating arrow button presses.

It just started doing this a couple of days ago.

Pressing an arrow button often, but not always, results in two or three effective presses.

I have rebooted the Roku to no avail.

System:

• Roku Ultra LT (2023)
  • 12.5.5 build 4173

TIA

D.

8 REPLIES 8
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra LT Remote Arrow Buttons repeating

Hi @vaxace,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We'll be glad to assist you with your Roku remote. Kindly send us a private message together with your shipping address, phone number, model number of Roku device, and type of Roku remote (simple, voice, or voice pro) so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this.

To learn about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community

We'll be waiting for your message.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vaxace
Binge Watcher

Sorry. Can't find a "message count" or "envelope icon" as mentioned in the linked help subject anywhere.

Can you provide a screen shot or something?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @vaxace,

Thanks for the quick response.

To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message." You can also follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  7. Click Send Message. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

We'll be waiting for your message.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vaxace
Binge Watcher

Again, sorry.

I click on your name. I get a pop-up with a "View profile" link.

I follow that link. There is no send private message link on that page.

I even searched for the word "send". Not there.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @vaxace,

We understand. We can't seem to send you a private message on our end. Kindly try to click my profile first, select View Profile, and select Send this user a private message (this is found on the right side of the profile under Contact Me).

We hope this helps, and we look forward to assisting you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vaxace
Binge Watcher

Nope. No such link.

Under "Contact Me":

Online Status

Date Last Visited

A "Friend" button

An "Ignore" button

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 3.15.34 PM.png

0 Kudos
vaxace
Binge Watcher

So, Nothing more on this?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@vaxace,

We're sorry for the late response about this.

We'll take of the rest of this issue with PM. This issue you're experiencing has already been the previous escalation, and we'd like to provide an update on this.

We'd like to know if this button press is an issue you've observed in a specific channel only or all across the channel on the platform.

In addition, if you see this happening again please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos