Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku, STILL no keyboard/remote combo? Is this a patent encumbrance problem?

Many cable apps aren't very user friendly right now. A keyboard just to attach to the back of the remote with numbers to change the numbers on my charter spectrum app would help so much.
0 Kudos
Afl1979

As for our household, we often use the Search feature. Especially on the YouTube app. Also, for logging into various apps. I don’t know why but I find that we are doing this more often than I expected. And it’s a PAIN I. The **bleep** every single time!!! A keyboard would make things so much better. 

Afl1979

We have the same issue with the kids and remote issue!! Precisely why I want a keyboard!! 

Gusinger

Because you cannot just punch in a channel number on the remote when watching local tv. You only have up and down which is not desirable.

0 Kudos
L_B1965

I wish for a numeric keypad on my Roku Remote because I use a lot of Antenna TV channels and scrolling through the channel lineup if a pain!  It starts at "2" and then continues into higher numbers and If I get from 2 to 100 for example and want to go back to 2, I have to scroll through 99-2 to get there.  IF there was a keypad I could push the number 2 and get back to that channel or any other channel without having to do massive scrolling.  This is just one reason a keypad should be included in the Roku remote or at least on our Roku app which does not have a keypad either, because all those extra key strokes to get to the number/letter you need or want like in "Search" is a pain in the keypad!

0 Kudos
RRR450

agree with you....my phone may not be available...could be in my car, my office, etc....furthurmore, I do not want to set up the voice mail....the lack of direct entry ability is maddening.....to the point where my wife wants the TCL/Roku 43" TV returned and replaced with another brand.....

0 Kudos