Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote Won't Pair After Changing Batteries

Jump to solution

Hi @htoll,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhbshaw

Re: Roku Remote Won't Pair After Changing Batteries

Jump to solution

I've been having trouble getting my new Roku Express 4k+ remote (RC-FA1 3226001105). After following instructions to the letter, and support instructions (remove and replace remote batteries, unplug and plug in Roku, press pairing button for 5-30 seconds...), I discovered if I went through this whole process but DID NOT press pairing button (pairing light starts flashing without pressing button), remote paired. This may be a fluke I don't know but worth a try!

0 Kudos
ML24

Older remove will not pair with Roku

Jump to solution

I have two older Roku units and three remotes for them. I checked with Best Buy Store, and they said that there is a way to pair the remote to the TV using the buttons on the remote.

I am setting up a Tablo system and everything is working except the Roku remote which worked fine when it was used with just a TV.

Please help me as I must return the new antenna and hard drive within the next week if I cannot set up the Tablo system.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Older remove will not pair with Roku

Jump to solution

@ML24, it's not clear what you're trying to do.  Roku remotes with TV controls will only control the power, volume, and mute functions of a TV and there's no way to get it to do that without a Roku device connected to the TV to configure the remote.  Are you trying to use the Tablo channel/app on a Roku device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PurpleSurfer1
Binge Watcher

Re: Older remove will not pair with Roku

Jump to solution

Prior to purchasing a replacement remote control for my Roku Streaming Stick Premiere, I did everything I could to restore the remote aside from disassembling it nothing worked to revive it: I tried to teach my Logitech Remote control and they did not pair.  I finally purchased the replacement remote and it has been working okay.  

0 Kudos
tkenn7

Re: Older remotes will not pair with Roku

Jump to solution

Is anyone on this community chat aware of the fact that Roku does not offer the information on the site that older remotes just stop pairing at some point and that all their "support" just sends us in circles?  When you've been all over the site, all over this chat looking for answers that keep sending you down rabbit holes, been to the BestBuy Geeks for help and none of the advice works, guess what?  That's because you have to buy new Roku's!  This is what I was told by Roku customer support after spending hours chasing down the same ineffective advice that you all appear to have been chasing down.

Both my streaming stick players suddenly stopped pairing with my remotes at the same time.  I've been around and around with all the online advice, both on the Roku site and generally.  You know the drill: unplug player. plug back in.  take batteries out.  put new batteries in. Press pairing button. pairing screen will come up.  (Only no, it will not come up!) Check for HDMI interference.  Check for WIFI.  Unplug player.  Plug back in.  Put fresh batteries into remote.  Take batteries out.  Put batteries in.  Press pairing button. Pairing screen will appear.. etc. etc.  My customer support person on Roku Chat had me give them the remote and stick serial numbers, and descriptions of them too.  They asked me what was wrong.  I wrote them that I'd put all that into the initial chat description of the problem --which included all I've written to you here.  Then they advised me to "unplug my player.  plug it back in.  get fresh batteries.  take batteries out.  put batteries in.  press pairing button..."  I said, um.  I have DONE ALL THAT MANY TIMES!! I WROTE YOU THAT AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS CHAT!".   They wrote back "Please be advised to go buy new Roku players at this site..."    So... I say to you all, probably don't waste much time trying to figure this problem out with the advice that's available.  If you still love Roku, go buy new ones.  Otherwise, try Apple.  At least Apple products come with tech support that's mostly accurate, available and accountable.

0 Kudos