Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynster
Reel Rookie

Alpha/Numeric Keyboard for ROKU Ultra

This has likely been asked before, but it's one of the MAJOR gripes I have with the ROKU Remote.

Don't get me wrong, the remote we use with our Roku Ultra works GREAT, until we need to use any search function (to search for a show) or need to enter a password. Then, although it can be (painfully) done, the functionality of the remote falls flat on it's face!!

ROKU is missing a MAJOR opportunity by not offering a Remote that has am Alpha/Numeric Keyboard.

Does one exist?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Alpha/Numeric Keyboard for ROKU Ultra

Hello @Lynster

We appreciate your input regarding the "Alpha/Numeric Keyboard for remote" feature. Feel free to share additional feedback, and ideas then post them here at Suggest a Feature.

We strive to provide the best experience possible, and we always appreciate feedback from our customers.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Is there one? Kind of. The Roku app for iOS or Android devices has a virtual keyboard that will work in most instances. I say most because it is still dependent on the channel to support using it. Most do, but there's always a chance you have one that doesn't. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Lynster 

The easiest method when needing a keyboard for passwords or searching is to use the official Roku Remote app found in the Apple/Play Stores and installed on a mobile device (phone/tablet).

https://support.roku.com/article/217288467 (How to install the Roku mobile app)

----

Not only does the mobile app include a keyboard feature, but you can also use the "Voice Search" on the app to search for shows, or alternatively, use the Voice feature to enter letters for passwords (saying one letter or character at a time to enter the password while in the password field).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Lynster-

Another option is one of the Roku Voice Remotes, which, like the Roku app mentioned previously, support entering voice commands like "load Netflix" or entering text into Roku data fields, either by spoken words or one spoken letter at a time.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos