Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote Volume Problem

Hi @Paleogirl2003, @GladBear,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We understand that you are experiencing an issue with your Roku remote. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you:

• What troubleshooting process have you done so far?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Have you tried to change the batteries and repair it again to your device?
  • What device are you using right now?

With more detailed information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JimmyHart
Channel Surfer

Hi! Actually Roku has replaced the remote in question and the new remote is working fine.  I have had about 4 remotes over the past 5 years that have basically had the same problem. I have done all the standard troubleshooting.  Lets wait now and see how long this new remote lasts.

Thanks! 

GladBear
Channel Surfer

This problem started a week ago when remote was unresponsive. Since it’s fairly new I assumed batteries needed changing. Initially I removed Batteries and reinserted them.  That worked for a day or so. But then remote became unstable (worked sometimes but not going where I was pointing) so I changed batteries and that’s when volume control started malfunctioning by going too high or down to nothing with a slight tap.  I’ve done all the remedies recommended from disconnecting power on Roku, hdmi, tv, to restarting Roku. I’ve done everything I could find online and thought I’d just have to live with not using volume control.  But this morning, one touch to change a channel created something new.  It shifted to something in Settings and the screen image became shaky and non responsive. Unplugged and started rebooting etc but volume control problem still exists.  Btw I’ve changed batteries a second time and still doesn’t work.  I think it’s broken and need to get a replacement remote since this was purchased in February.  
#4Kexpress #badremote

0 Kudos
GladBear
Channel Surfer

A new problem arose today unrelated to volume so, like you, I need to replace remote.  
thanks for your input - helps me realize I’m not going nuts!

0 Kudos
JimmyHart
Channel Surfer

"Frustrating" I know!!   Roku has a major problem with their remotes and they need to address it.  

Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

Ugh so annoying, my voice remote pro just started not controlling volume/mute again, and this is a new one only a month old. Battery is fully charged, but now it only works the volume if I keep it plugged in. Other buttons function without it being plugged in.

This is freaking ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
GladBear
Channel Surfer

I’ve used Roku for years and recommend them to friends. I never had a problem until this new #4KExpress.  It’s frustrating and disappointing.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote. We will be more than happy to assist you. Please check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

@RokuJohnB we've all tried those troubleshooting steps and even bought new remotes, there's clearly a systemic issue that needs to be resolved. You have lost customers and will likely lose more. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Paleogirl2003,

Thanks for giving us an update on the Roku remote issue!

We believe that you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps, and it seems like nothing works. We have passed along your issue to our support. They're the ones that will reach back out to you regarding this issue.

Please keep us posted if there's anything else we can do to assist you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos