Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prisoner428
Binge Watcher

Roku Remote Pro Voice Consent Privacy Policy

17078058604665427709317947592978.jpg

Since the last update, when I turn on the TV I am taken to this page for the Roku Remote Pro Voice Consent Privacy Policy. How many times do I have to say "I understand" before you will stop asking me?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote Pro Voice Consent Privacy Policy

Hi @Prisoner428,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing the issue you've encountered to us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. Have you tried unpairing-re-pairing your remote? Also, have you tried performing a system restart (from Settings > System > Power > System restart) to see if that helps?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Prisoner428
Binge Watcher

I'm sorry, I figured when you read EVERY TIME THE TV COMES ON you would deduce that it also happens when restarting the TV. 

If your elementary education can't understand that I'm sorry let me try again. When power is cut from the picture screen for ANY reason it goes to that page. Any reason means restarting it myself or by means of a power outage.

And of course I tried removing the remote but it didn't matter.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Prisoner428,

Thanks for the response!

In the meantime, would you mind providing us with the following information below so we can report it to the team and further review your device as well?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Prisoner428
Binge Watcher

Model: G213X

Software version: 12.5.5

D9-066-143

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I think this only ever pops up if you are actually using hands free Voice option on the Voice Remote Pro.  I keep this off to conserve battery, but it may be a feature you like to use.

Try turning this off with the slide switch on the left side of the remote, boot the Roku a time or two, then turn it back on.  Maybe that will reset some setting and you'll only have to answer it once.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Prisoner428
Binge Watcher

We keep ours off as well. It happens not matter how the TV is turned on. PC, voice command, default remote, pro remote, button on the TV, system restart, factory reset, they all go to this page when powered on.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Well, I guess I'd try turning the hands-free switch on for a session or two, then turning it back off and see if that kicked anything over.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Prisoner428,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please note that we have passed this along to our Roku-appropriate team, and we thank you for the troubleshooting steps you have performed to try to resolve the issue. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If there's anything else we can do to further assist you aside from this, please let us know.

All the best

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos