Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JA7
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Remote IR only works 1 foot away from Roku Express receiver

Dear Lianna

I tried all the things you suggested (except I couldn’t reset the remote as I couldn’t find a pairing button in the battery compartment when I removed the batteries).

Unfortunately, none of these actions resolved the problem and the remote still only works when it is within a foot of the Roku receiver.

I wondered if there is anything else you can suggest to try to resolve this problem?

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JA7,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for letting us know what you've done to try to resolve the Roku remote issue.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
doshcatoca

Hello,

I too have a simple remote that will only work within one foot of the receiver.

Roku Premiere

Roku model #3920X

Ser. # 0530D7521140

• I checked the batteries with a multimeter. They register 1.59 volts
  • The batteries are installed correctly
  • There are no obstructions between the remote and the receiver.
  • The device worked correctly until one day recently it froze. I rebooted everything.
  • I restarted ROKU
  • I rebooted my computer
  • I rebooted my modem and router
  • I unplugged my TV and my ROKU for 10 minutes, then re-plugged.
  • The light is on on the receiver

No success. The remote will only work if I stand within one foot of the receiver.

SECONDLY:

I thought I would use the Roku app on my iPhone. 

• I have three out of four bars signal strength for WIFI but it cannot find my device
  • I am sitting 3 feet from my router and modem
  • My iPhone says it IS connected to my network with full signal strength

As you can imagine I am rather frustrated with the amount of time that has been wasted trying to make this device work. Is there a fix for this or is it time to throw this Roku in the garbage and purchase something else??

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @doshcatoca,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku remote and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

We can understand how that may be frustrating but do not worry, We're going to assign a member of our support team to reach out to you via email. They will be assisting you from thereon.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos