Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurieB48

Remote battery draining quickly

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue as many of those in the Roku Community, with my remote. The question is what is the solution? Batteries are expensive and I've gone through a BJ’s pack in less than 1 month. This system is not a year old so remote issues should be the least of my problems. How is Roku fixing these concerns? 

And I am plugged into an outlet.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote battery draining quickly

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @LaurieB48!

Thank you for sharing your concern about your Roku remote's battery draining. No worries! We're here to help you find the best resolution.

Kindly provide us with additional information so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution:

• What specific Roku device have you paired this remote with?
  • Is this the remote that came with it? If not, what is the model of this remote?

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Batteries draining fast (<1 day), have to reseat them after x minutes to get the remote to wo

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @KraftyS.

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with the battery draining on your physical Roku remote and we appreciate the steps you've tried in troubleshooting. 

Rest assured that I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. Kindly keep an eye on your inbox as I will contact you there to gather further information.

Your continuous patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
cynout

Re: Roku Express4K/Stick 4K remote battery drain issue

Jump to solution

had text chat with ROKU, net net, they said buy a new remote

12:30 pm
the fix, I think, is to buy firesticks, or Roku coming up with a fix

12:30 pm
is there a better solution?

Gennamae
12:32 pm
Yes to purchase a new Roku remote

12:34 pm
any discount or promotion codes?

Gennamae
12:35 pm
No discount for remote sir

12:36 pm
firestick costs the same as your remote, unlikely I will stay with roku, your forum basically admits this is a roku issue, unacceptable

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @cynout.

Thanks for reaching us here. Rest assured that I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. With this being said, I will contact you via PM to gather the necessary details.

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LeeLee70

Jump to solution

I saw that the reply was "we are working on this issue" but I see posts about this issue going back to 2021. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.