Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express not responding to remote

Hi @Thenutt30

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Awelch

I am having the same issue with my remote.  It does not respond.  After resetting the roku it takes me to the same page showing me to push  reset.  My remote does not show a green button after holding in reset button.   This is a brand new device. 

0 Kudos
Thenutt30
Reel Rookie

I have 3 Roku remotes I have verified that 3 of them work by pointing them at a camera to see if the ir was working and all 3 work but the Roku express will not pick any of the 3 up and I have gotten 6 inches away from the Roku express receiver and still not working

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Thenutt30, if it's still under warranty try a warranty return.  Otherwise you can use the app on your phone or get a voice remote which would cost almost as much as another Express.  I have a Roku that won't work with one remote but works with another, but if you've tried 3 different ones then I'd say that Express is defective.

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.