Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express+ does not have remote options in settings

Jump to solution

@bluebird56  No work arounds. The remotes that come with Roku TV's such as TCL, Hisense or Sharp are exclusive to those particular TV's. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bluebird56 

While the Roku Express model 3930 has been around for a few years, it is a current item in the lineup, and is still sold by Roku today, although it is the low end Roku device.

As mentioned, the remotes for Roku TV devices are not compatible with standard Roku devices.

If you want to add power and volume control to your current Roku device, your best bet would be the Voice Remote ($20). That's compatible with all current Roku devices, including your 3930 Express.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There are Roku Tv Voice remotes that would pair to the express 3930 and control all functions but would be useless on any non-Roku tv brands. Because the tv power and volume keys on Roku Tv Voice remote can only control Roku Tv brands. Like the following:IMG_20220401_152955910.jpg

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.