Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Welcome to the Roku Community, @WalkerZ!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by your Roku remote issues. Our team is here to assist you. 

Could you please provide us with the serial number of the Roku device that your remote is paired with? 

You can find this information by going to Settings > System > About. 

We will be waiting for your response, and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WalkerZ
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Thank you, Jharra. I sent you a PM with the details.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: One remote button barely works

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Caveman52!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming, and we appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the remote. No worries! We're here to further assist you with this.

Kindly check your inbox; we've sent you a Private Message to collect further personal information. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Tpp1971
Channel Surfer

Hello @RokuCarly   I am having the exact same issue with my remote. Please

advise. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Tpp1971.

We'd like to gather further information about this so we can assess your concern better:

• Can you specify which particular buttons you are having this issue with? Is it non-functional or hard to press?
  • Is this the remote that comes with your Roku player (specify the model)?
  • When did you initially observe this happening?

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Your response is highly anticipated as well.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pkent123

Right button not working - voice remote

The right arrow button on our voice remote is not working. We have tried restarting the tv, replacing batteries, etc. it still does not work. 

we are unable to search for and use several apps, which is very frustrating. 

Roku Support: can you fix this? 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Right button not working - voice remote

Greetings from the Roku Community, @pkent123!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution so you can utilize your Roku Voice remote again.

Kindly check your inbox as we will send you a Private Message to gather further personal information regarding this matter.

In the meantime, you can install the Roku mobile app. Not only can you launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, but you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones, and more.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
douthatm
Reel Rookie

I am having a similar problem with a brand new remote control and brand new batteries where the buttons have to be pressed very firmly for them to work. I'm reading that a lot of people are having this problem even with new remotes. What are you doing about it?

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome from the Roku Community, @douthatm!

Thank you for sharing your concern about having difficulty pressing certain buttons on your brand-new remote. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution.

Before proceeding, we'd like to know the following:

• Which specific player is your troubled remote currently paired to?
  • Is this the remote that comes with that player, or was it purchased separately? 
  • Could you also specify the particular buttons you are having this issue with?

We look forward to your response and are more than eager to help you utilize your new remote at your convenience.

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Whenwill
Reel Rookie

Remote still not working and never got the private email that was supposed to be sent to me to resolve. 😔

0 Kudos