Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigiheart

Remote won’t pair light blinking but stuck on pair your remote screen

I am having the same problem, it’s stuck on Pair your remote screen. The remote model RC-GZ1 3226001305. The Roku Stick Model 3820X2 SN:SOJ732AU3J2N.  I just bought it and I have been trying to setup but it got stuck on the pair you remote

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote won’t pair light blinking but stuck on pair your remote screen

@Gigiheart, the 3820 requires the cable with the "Long-range Wi-Fi receiver", so make sure you're using it.  It's possible that the cable is bad right out of the box (especially if someone swapped it out and returned the stick).  If you just bought it, you may want to just return it.

3820-cable.jpg

For help on pairing it, you can try:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ericaherm

I am having the same troubles. Roku is not connected to wifi yet and stuck on the pairing screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ericaherm!

Thank you for letting us know about the pairing issues you're currently experiencing with your Roku streaming device. Please allow us to assist you in effectively pairing the remote to your device so you can get back to streaming.

Before proceeding, please let us know which specific Roku player you are trying to set up. Also, is this the remote that comes with it?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjyaun

Was there a resolution to this? I’m having the same issue. It’s not a new Roku stick so I’m not sure what happened. Model 3820X2. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Mjyaun!

Thanks for reaching out. Rest assured that we will help you pair your physical Roku remote to your Roku Streaming Stick device. 

Before proceeding, we'd like to know more about the specific, and would be great if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Is this the remote that came with your Roku Streaming Stick or was this purchased separately?
  • Were you able to pair this remote the first time you activated this device?
  • When did it start having problems pairing?
  • Are there any lights on your remote or device when you try to press random buttons or the pairing button?

In the meantime, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot your physical remote.

Reboot your voice remote

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

If the issue persists, replace the batteries in your voice remote and insert them using the same steps provided above. After doing so, pair them again to see if this makes any difference.

For reference, here's the support article dedicated to this: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.