Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t17wilson
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote stops working on Streaming Stick 4K - have to rotate batteries to get it working again.

I too am having issues with my voice remote model RC-GZ1 eating batteries. As the batteries begin to die I can remove the cover and rotate the batteries and perform a function but a few minutes later I have to do it again. Replacing with fresh batteries corrects the problem but every couple weeks is a little ridiculous! I have also gone through the troubleshooting but that didn't help. I'm not sure when we bought this voice remote, maybe a year or so ago? The serial number is 3226001306.

0 Kudos
Jkg70
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote stops working - have to rotate batteries to get it working again.

Hi, @RokuJohnB It’s the latest software version, 12.5.5 build 4174. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ThePibbster
Streaming Star

@RokuJohnB   @RokuJechealR based on @Scooter2 info he said that he was sent 2 replacements remotes and so far, so good.

@Scooter2 said in previous post:

ROKU has sent me some new remotes - Model: RC-GZ1  They are a little shorter than the previous remotes I had and do not have a light and button you can see when removing the battery cover - but do have a small light in the upper left hand corner on the front of the remote.

So far seem to be working fine. The originals were OK for the first 10 months - so long term I am not sure how these will do.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Please advise on what I need to do to get 2 replacement remotes from ROKU so I don't have to keep fighting the remotes to get them to function by rotating the batteries as stated by @Scooter2 in the start of this thread.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Scooter2
Binge Watcher

I got on the chat line and talked with them.

0 Kudos
ThePibbster
Streaming Star

@Scooter2 where is the online chat link for ROKU support?  I am not seeing it unless I overlooked it.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
ThePibbster
Streaming Star

@Scooter2 

Nevermind ... I found the link ... make sure you are signed into your ROKU account first.

(1) https://support.roku.com/contactus ... (I clicked on Remote Controls)

(2) Next it will take to you to your streaming devices and select one

(3) Now you are directed to "Let's get in touch" and click on CHAT with us dialog box.

0 Kudos
t17wilson
Reel Rookie

I don't see how that link will help. It only tells me that my device is not eligible for support! What's causing the remote to eat up a set of batteries every couple weeks?

0 Kudos
ThePibbster
Streaming Star

@t17wilson  You need to sign into your ROKU account I believe.

Try this link as you have to select one of your ROKU devices and then you will have CHAT option.

(1) https://support.roku.com/contactus

(2) I selected REMOTE CONTROLS ... then it takes you to the next screen and click your device ... 

(3) https://support.roku.com/contactus/select-device

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
BKennedyB

I am having the same issue with my Roku remote. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps and have found no solution. It is absolutely infuriating!

0 Kudos
ThePibbster
Streaming Star

@BKennedyB  @t17wilson and anyone who needs to get into a CHAT session with ROKU support. 

Make sure you are signed into your ROKU account first.

(1) https://support.roku.com/contactus ... (I clicked on Remote Controls)

(2) Next it will take to you to your streaming devices and select one

(3) Now you are directed to "Let's get in touch" and click on CHAT with us dialog box.

0 Kudos