Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midaco

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

As of two days ago, I'm having the same problem.

I have three different Roku units, each with its own remote.  The problem occurs with all three units.  It also occurs if I use my LG TV remote in place of the Roku remote.  The problem is worst when I try to use Plex on the Roku--the skips are so bad, the program is unusable.

Since it occurs on four different remotes used on three different Roku devices, I find it hard to believe the remote is faulty.

Has anyone else had the problem when trying to access Plex on a Roku?  (The skipping is also present on the Amazon app, but not quite as severe.)

0 Kudos
vossjn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All I see from numerous people who have the same issue are canned responses. The remote is skipping. Why? Did you make a software update in the past couple of months? I have not had this problem at all until recently and I’ve used my Roku for a long time. My son at another address is also experiencing the same problem. So, what will you be doing to solve this?

0 Kudos
LIG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem, but only on the Xfinity Streaming channel. I thought it was the remote, so I bought a new one - but it didn't change a think. I then unplugged the Roku Streaming Stick for about 30 seconds, and that fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, just wanted to let you all know that we are looking into this, as the frequency with this its happening has increased considerably.  Specifically, we're looking if there's a specific device channel update that could have exacerbated this, as we haven't pushed a firmware update for most devices since May.

The most useful info people can post is what channels they're using where they see this skip behavior.  Also, if people see this navigating the Roku home screen and settings, that would be very interesting.  If you could specifically check and see if this happens in Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+, Apple+, Vudu, and The Roku Channel that would give us a good matrix of different channel types.  Also, if you can check and see if it happens when using the mobile app versus using an IR remote or a RF remote.

Also useful would be posting if you've also had your device reboot unexpectedly or seen channels close to the home screen.  These are both common effects of applications using too much memory, and we'd like to be able to tell if that's part of the triggering scenario.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Autobots27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nice

0 Kudos
Autobots27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Triathlete
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happens on Roku Ultra remote on Disney+, paramount,Amazon Prime, peacock and a couple others. What happens is you press once and it skips twice. So it’s almost impossible to get a show and land where you want. You have to go to a side and calculate uneven skips to get where you want since is goes to the 2nd item not the next item. 
I unplugged the device from power and waited a minute and then rebooted the Roku and the skipping stopped. I’m using an LG TV and Roku ultra

vossjn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also went to Roku settings and did a restart and it cleared the issue on all 3 of my Rokus

vossjn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The apps that worked correctly was Netflix. However, Paramount, Disney and Max were skipping. Probably others too but I think that should help. 

0 Kudos
FB10331
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I saw the same problem when navigating in the BritBox App.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.