Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MROD1253

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I cleaned off the remote receiver with a soft cloth lightly sprayed (just a bit damp) with window cleaner and that seems to have fixed it. You could probably skip the window cleaner and it would work. I had tried two different remotes that worked on other TVs and both of them skipped channels on this particular TV leading me to believe it wasn't the remote, but was the receiver. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue.  I have two different Roku sticks and remotes on two different brand TVs.  Tried taking the batteries out of the remotes but that didn’t help.

Has anyone tried anything that works?  I saw some that had receivers that unplugged them for 30 minutes but not the sticks.

0 Kudos
Jamieso

Jump to solution

Mines doing the same thing described from everyone else. I came here to find a solution but it doesn’t look like there is one. 

0 Kudos
guillaume3

Jump to solution

Rebooting the Roku worked for me.

missmis44
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I began experiencing the exact same issue on my two year old voice remote on all apps. 

0 Kudos
Jlfogleman74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I finally decided to reboot my Roku stick— fixed the problem immediately. 

0 Kudos
Jlfogleman74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I rebooted my Roku stick and it began working properly immediately. 

0 Kudos
RH71

Jump to solution

I agree. I have this problem on several different Roku's, and different remotes. I think the issue is with Roku's operating system.

0 Kudos
VA1DER
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is quite well established that rebooting a Roku will normally temporarily solve the issue.  We don't need more posts about that.

What is more interesting than whether or not a reboot immediately fixes the problem is:

• If you reboot and it doesn't immediately fix the problem
    In this case post and report it.
  • If you reboot and it does fix the problem but it recurs again
    In this case post and indicate how long since you rebooted before the problem recurred

For those reporting, there is a post on page 9 of this thread that indicates the information and procedure for reporting it.  It includes a method that inserts a tag into your device's log that allows the developers here to find out what was going on in the device when the issue happened.

So, if you reboot and it clears up, no need to post about that immediately.

RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@RH71 wrote:

I agree. I have this problem on several different Roku's, and different remotes. I think the issue is with Roku's operating system.

Yes, we've said multiple times here that it's a Roku OS issue.  We don't yet understand the nature of this issue, however, since it seems like it may require devices to be running for a while before it can be seen.

If you see this can you post the "uptime" value from your Settings / System / About screen?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.