Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missmis44
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Unplugging everything on my ROKU device appears to of resolved the issue for me as well.

0 Kudos
bks2

Re: Remote skips or jumps over program multiple channels

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Creak

Jump to solution

Why does Roku keep answering the same way to the same problem. So very unhelpful and just plain BS. 

0 Kudos
Wpulcine

Jump to solution

I’ve been having this same problem and it’s definitely not my remote or the hdmi port it’s plugged into because it’s been happening on two completely different Roku’s of mine, and it’s driving me insane. It started happening a couple weeks ago and I don’t know what to do.

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

This is our best answer right now. We do not yet have a root cause for why this skipping behavior is happening, but it looks a lot like a resource leak in Roku OS that is cleaned temporarily by rebooting the device. Their may be multiple issues with different causes and effects.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem that many other Roku users are.  The remote skips over multiple channels and/or streaming options.  I just purchased a brand new remote and that did not solve the problem.  I have a Roku Ultra device and a Roku Voice Remote Pro.  I did not see any resolution to the other posts.  What do we do and how do we make this skipping/jumping stop?

0 Kudos
Rr6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The remote can't physically make selections as fast as the glitching. It seems to be happening during the processing phase. 

0 Kudos
NoHelmet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Common now. You folks have millions of users to get data from, and there are countless threads about this problem. It’s clearly related to the late May update. I’m already out $40 on a new remote I didn’t need. What can we do to get y’all to actually fix the issue in the software? Because as of right now, I’d rather just go buy an Apple TV and move on with my life. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to look further into this issue with the Roku remote, but we will need more details.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoHelmet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dude, DOZENS of people have been giving Roku that info for TWO MONTHS. This is obviously a systemic issue across all your platforms related to the build 4184 update in May. If it’s being resolved for people temporarily by power cycling, it’s probably a cache clearing issue. So how about your dev team runs that update through ChatGPT and finds out what they broke, and then fix it. This isn’t rocket science. Big boy tech companies fix this stuff before thousands of people linger with the issue for months. I shouldn’t have to be on page 22 of one of many threads about this full of people saying “same issue here!” still providing you the absolute most basic info about a KNOWN issue. 

Model- 4800RW

Serial- X010004H46NT

Software version- 12.0.0 build 4184 C2

Device ID- S02C20AH46NT

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.