Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayhawk_1995
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Hi there - thank you for the reply. How do you disable auto updates on the 4k streaming stick? It appears to be automatic by default with no ability to change it. Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @jayhawk_1995!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! Our Support team would be more than willing to sort this out for you. Kindly keep your lines open and check your email from time to time for updates. 

Feel free to reply to this thread if you need further assistance regarding this matter or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action, as your satisfaction and convenience are what we aim for.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@jayhawk_1995the issue you're seeing is different than the one that is addressed by rebooting.

1) Are you seeing this behavior on the home screen or in Netflix or YouTube?

2) If you use the Roku mobile app to control the device, do you see this?

This could actually be a remote control issue instead of a device software issue.

0 Kudos
jayhawk_1995
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi there - thank you for your reply. Excellent notes. I hadn't really noticed it but yes, it's primarily in Netflix. I just navigated around in Apple TV And don't have the issue. Don't have it on the main menus either. My original remote I had this issue at times. I'm using a new remote that was purchased from Roku after my dog ate the first one. LOL 

0 Kudos
joekam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It is not the remote. If it does not happen in main menu its not remote. Since you cant disable roku updates , i suggest you remove Netflix and reinstall it. Netflix will reinstall to compatible with your current roku version. 

0 Kudos
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was wondering about using the back button to get to Home Screen instead of using the home button. I tried using the back button in Netflix but it won’t take me to Home Screen. Not matter how many times I press it. Also I’m curious if you don’t use the home button to get back to the Home Screen, then what do you use it for? 

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

There should be no difference in exiting a channel using the back key or using the home key. 

Roku OS allows apps to stay resident in memory in a suspended mode when the user returns to the home screen.  This is to allow recently used app to start more quickly.  However, if the currently active app needs more memory, Roku OS will shut down those suspended channels to make resource available, so there should be no need for user intervention.

0 Kudos
joekam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Absolutely not true. I know that is what you probably wanted it to do but you people need better qual testing of your SW. The suspended channels may get shut down to conserve memory but not before the memory pointers corrupt the channel command memory pointers

0 Kudos
joekam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The ROKU should back out until it says, " Are you sure you want to exit Netflix? yes no. If it does not, you have either a corrupted Netflix app, and you should delete it as I said before and re install. Or you have a corrupted ROKU OS. You will need to see if you can back all the way out of another app. Test backing up in general. Go into a movie and play it, then hit back, to see if you leave the movie stream. If not, your remote has a malfunction.

0 Kudos
jayhawk_1995
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Bad news for me. While I was only experiencing it in Netflix before, now I'm experiencing it even on the Roku home screen. It's actually going about six spaces on the Roku home screen, whereas in Netflix it was doing three spaces and whatever direction I pressed it. I uninstalled Netflix and now I can't get it to land on anything where I can reinstall it now. I have to keep hoping I'm on a menu with odd numbers so that when it goes six eventually I can loop around and hit what I'm trying for!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.