Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlicePavy
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! I did that after making my post and reading through some of the other replies and it worked!  Thank you again! 

0 Kudos
AlicePavy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I simply unplugged it for a few minutes and it is currently responding correctly.

0 Kudos
joekam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Pull puerr on roku device or roku tv. Wait 10 seconds. Plug back in and problem will be gone.

0 Kudos
Bluya76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I reset my soundbar back in June, and now the problem has come back. Reset it again and it's gone (for now). Roku, are we any closer to a software fix?  

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bluya76 thanks for posting about the issue happening again.  This was actually a major clue, as it gave a more precise timing for how long this issue takes to re-occur  We have identified a root cause for the issue now, and expect most users affected by it are using devices that have gone without restarting for 50 days or more. 

If you are seeing this problem, please RESTART your device.  You can do that through the settings menu or just by unplugging it from power for a few seconds.

There may be other related issues that have similar symptoms, but the main problem is now understood.

I can't talk about when a fix will be deployed, but the input of the users here in posting about reproductions of the problem has been invaluable.  Thank you all for your help.

0 Kudos
Bram560

Jump to solution

Finally, an answer that makes some kind of sense, thank you joekam.  Maybe.  In any case, unplugging the Roku device and plugging it in again a couple of minutes later seems to have solved the problem.  I am definitely going to do a scientific experiment to establish the validity of this theory.  I may get around to reporting back.  Depends on if I remember to do it.

0 Kudos
Mollyroxx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged  the sticks from the back of the tvs abd then from power source indidnt wait 30 minutes I barely waited 5 and plugged it all back in and they're fine now. I dod t clean the remote or anything like that I did change batteries but I tried that first.  Good luck I do hope it works for you as well

0 Kudos
VA1DER
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Ben,

I can still reproduce the problem reliably five minutes after a reboot.

RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@VA1DER  I think you've got a different issue on your devices based on the symptoms you've posted and videos posted than the problem affecting most users.

0 Kudos
JArk

Jump to solution

Seems a lot of us are having the same problem.  I have (2) Roku Express.  One purchased in 2020 and the other in 2022.  It started about 10 days ago; both units are skipping.  We have changed the batteries on the older set but not on the new; however, it had no effect.  Also, it seems to be getting worse, so I will try to reboot both sets tonight to see if that has an effect.  We watch a lot of Roku on the main (older set) but both are skipping.  Hope this works!! 

JT

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.