Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnBoy2
Reel Rookie

Remote scrolling non-stop in certain apps.

This malfunction seems to be only addressed in PM's and the only posts I've seen are 2020. Has the issue been resolved?

11 REPLIES 11
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote scrolling non-stop in certain apps.

Greetings @JohnBoy2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're happy you're here, so we can help you in any way we can. We'd like to ask a few questions to better grasp the situation. What Roku remote do you have a simple or voice remote? Could you elaborate on the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

More information will allow us to better assist you.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnBoy2
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku Express with a simple remote. The problem developed suddenly. When I access apps such as The apps such as Roku Channel, FreeVee, Tubi and push the up/down, left/right arrow on my Roku remote it doesn't advance to the next selection, but continues to scroll after I've let up on the button. In some other apps such as YouTube, Kanopy it's not an issue. I've tried the fixes suggested by other users. 1). I've replaced the batteries in the  remote 2). Removed the batteries, unplugged the TV for several hours, plugged it back in and returned the batteries to the remote; all unsuccessful. Grateful for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Ssbaxter
Reel Rookie

Im also having this issue with multiple Roku Tvs in my home. Spectrum, Tubi, Prime, Hulu, Youtube, HBO are all doing it when trying to browse.

0 Kudos
JohnBoy2
Reel Rookie

Miraculously Roku Express is functioning properly now. I'm not sure how this happened, but after I received a response from a Roku expert in this chat group, the uncontrolled scrolling ceased (mostly).  I wonder if my issue was solved through my Roku account on their end? It's a mystery.  My advice is to create a post as a new issue in this chat group. Though the issues are similar, the fix may be unique. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnBoy2 @Ssbaxter,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku remote. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DLerner55

I have the identical problem.  I have a Roku Premiere Model 4620RW, Ser. No. YT009P906700.  Dev. ID AA9759906700,  V.12.0.0 build 4184-29 and a Simple Remote. 

The problem happens with most channels. For example, Paramount+ Ver. 8.4 build 202306122,  Max Ver. 54.1 build 2, and Disney+ ver. 1.33 build 2023060100.

David Lerner

DLerner55

So the answer seems to be to do the same thing one does with every misbehaving computer:  reboot it.  That seemed to have worked.  System --> Restart.  Magic.

0 Kudos
Ssbaxter
Reel Rookie

I just unplugged the tv for 30 secs and it started working.

AnnC1955

Simple remote

from Home Screen after selecting app.. ie..infinity… goes there but keeps scrolling by all my channels

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.