Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottCunningham
Reel Rookie

Remote right arrow next to OK button functions poorly

Tried to contact Roku but agent support is not available for 4K unit. Do I need to buy another remote? Current unit is 6 weeks old. All other functions seem to work. Remote right arrow next to OK button needs to be close to receiver and requires firm pressure to function

23 REPLIES 23
Btripp00
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote right arrow next to OK button functions poorly

Same issue here.  Been deteriorating for a while and now is virtually unusable.  How do we get a replacement or get it repaired as per the threads on here it seems to be a common issue. 🙁. Mine is a voice remote.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ScottCunningham and @Btripp00,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry for this experience.

Could you confirm if only the right arrow button is not working on your remote? Also, have you tried changing the batteries with fresh ones and trying again? Lastly, could you provide us the device ID of the Roku device that this affected remote pairs with?

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Btripp00
Channel Surfer

Yes just the purple right arrow is not working.

Yes I have tried new batteries.

SN: S0HCK2DCSTV2
Model 3941X2

Is that the info you need?
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Btripp00,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote. We're happy to assist you further. Please try these steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

If the problem still continues, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Btripp00
Channel Surfer

Hi John.  I did the above steps and yes the issue with the purple right arrow still exists.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Btripp00,

Thank you for keeping us informed!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Btripp00
Channel Surfer

Done.  Thanks John

0 Kudos
Acress

• My remote has the exact same issue, in that, the right arrow has slowly degraded to the point that it has become unusable unless one puts a lot pressure in it. I have only had it for about 4 weeks. All other buttons work fine. How can I get the remote replaced?
0 Kudos
Btripp00
Channel Surfer

I would suggest trying new batteries, if you haven’t already and then try the reset method suggested above.  If none of those fix your issue then send a private email to one of the Roku Community people that have replied on the Roku Community chat.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.