Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJames

Re: Remote right arrow next to OK button functions poorly

Same problem. New batteries, getting close to device does not help, using roku express device added to samsung smart tv. You seem unwilling to acknowledge that this is a common problem. From what I can see it is common and has been going on while. Perhaps hire some real engineers and fix it!

0 Kudos
Btripp00
Channel Surfer

Hey I don’t work there I am in the same situation as you.  I just passed on what I was asked to try by the Roku folks

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this and we'll be glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. Kindly send us a private message so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message" and provide us with your current shipping address, type of remote (simple, voice, or voice pro), and phone number.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
ScottCunningham
Reel Rookie

Where do I find the user to select?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ScottCunningham,

Thanks for the quick response.

The name of the user should be found by clicking my username or a Roku employee's name. Once done, you should be able to send us the information so we can further assist you.

We'll be anticipating it.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
NEron
Reel Rookie

I am also having the problem where I have to press extremely hard on the right arrow key to get it to work.  I have tried clicking on your name and going to your profile but I do not get an option to send a private message.  Is there another way I can send you my information?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NEron,

Thanks for letting us know.

No worries, we've got you covered. You can check your message inbox here at the Roku Community instead. We have sent you a PM.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wj221
Reel Rookie

Precisely same problem -- right arrow button increasingly difficult to activate, pressing hard, multiple times SOMETIMES works.  All other buttons fully operational.  Tried all advice offered here, no success.  Would welcome guidance on how to replace the remote.

cfg83
Binge Watcher

Right now my Dad is using TWO remotes that are failing with different buttons to create a pseudo-single remote.   He has a streaming stick.  The second remote is less than 6 months old. 

I opened up a third Roku remote control he had been using to failure and it was full of grease from the degrading "conductive rubber"(?).   It was like the sticky goop that an Alien drools.  Cleaning out the grease didn't work.  I even have the repair buttons from p1repair.com, but they don't appear to work.

He has a tendency to mash down hard on the buttons.  I think this accelerates the deterioration.  However, there is no excuse for this.  It's just Roku cheap-skating the button parts in the remote.  A remote with *fewer* (=> simpler => elegant) buttons means the buttons need to be *more* durable than what you would have on other remotes.

Right now I am looking for a remote control NOT made by Roku that works with Rokus. 

I am also going to see if I can dig up one of my old Rokus because I suspect the older remotes are better.  It probably won't be compatible, but I want to open it up and see what is inside.  In my experience  original designs are often better engineered.  Subsequent generations are trying to get the UMC (Unit Manufacturing Cost) down, and you get lower quality over time.

cfg83

cfg83
Binge Watcher

If your Roku is compatible, then you could try the Roku app on your smartphone.  It's not for everyone, but it *might* work for you.

cfg83

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.