Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NomeMan
Reel Rookie

Remote randomly stops working after power failure

We recently had a power outage and now my remote isn’t working properly. Previous to this, the remote had no issues—it powered up the TV, controlled audio, and connected flawlessly.  Now however it does not power the TV on or off, won’t control volume, and intermittently doesn’t work—usually after pressing the home or back button  

I have tried cycling the power off to the stick, removing the batteries from the remote, and re-pairing the remote.  None seem to make a difference.  I have also tried going into settings and repairing that way, but no success.

I have a streaming stick 4K. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote randomly stops working after power failure

Hi @NomeMan,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your Roku remote issue since it has stopped working. Please check out this support article here on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NomeMan
Reel Rookie

John,

I have already tried all of the troubleshooting solution in this article. It was my first stop. The problem persists. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NomeMan,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team. They're the ones who will reach out.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to post here in the Roku Community.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator