Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwoytus
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote not working for volume

I fixed my intermittent remote "can't control volume issue" by rebooting the remote.  Google "secret menu roku" and find the menu to reboot the remote.  It was on groovypost.com.  I think there was a "soft reboot" (or warm, not sure) which didn't help.  then I did a "hard reboot" (or maybe it was cold reboot).  That seems to have done the trick. It's been working fine for a week.

-John

TorianEC
Streaming Star

John,

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Could you please send the precise link/url you went to on groovypost?

I am having difficulty finding the exact one you are suggesting.

My remote does not have batteries. You can recharge it directly using the remote and connect it directly to the Roku Ultra 2022. Curious whether yours does or not.

Best response so far! Hope this works for me too.

jwoytus
Reel Rookie

Forgot to mention that my remote does not have a way to insert batteries.  it is rechargeable.  Seems nice now, I'm sure I'll never regret that.

I just noticed there is a sort of button on the underside of the remote towards the tag. I wonder what that is.  maybe it's a reset and you don't have to go through the secret menu to reboot it.

-John

TorianEC
Streaming Star

Hi John!

The kindness of strangers always amazes me. Thank you so much for your thorough and informative response this is the best one I have found yet. I tried this and it worked for me! So far so good. I too have a battery-less remote.

I cannot thank you enough for this. I hope many others will benefit from this workaround.

Warm thanks again… Torian