Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote not working for volume

My voice remote was working just fine an hour ago and I'd now not controlling thr volume or power. It is saying that my rv is not supported but it was working an hour ago. I have a roku streaming stick+ with software version 11.5.0. I have tried resetting it and repairing the remote and still nothing. I also checked the ir in the remote and it is working. Model is 3810X roku streaming stick

23 REPLIES 23
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote not working for volume

Hi @basingerkayla

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Since you have a Roku® Streaming Stick® that can be connected directly to an HDMI port on your TV, wireless interference from the HDMI connector may impact the performance of your remote. Try moving it away from the HDMI connector on your TV by installing a free extension cable.

For more troubleshooting steps, check out this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
A1955Harley
Reel Rookie

Mine started doing the same thing on about Dec 20th when it received the latest software update. 

TorianEC
Streaming Star

ditto. It is my belief that the latest update broke this summer now. Really, really annoying. Keep getting messages to set HDPC on my TV which is already set.

0 Kudos
duck01
Reel Rookie

I've also experienced issues recently on Roku Ultra, specifically after a recent update a few weeks ago, my TV controls almost never work anymore no matter what I try, on 3 different newer ones in 3 different rooms.

Cytrdg

I have a Haier tv and can't get it to work the volumn or power. Just bought the Roku Express 4k 

0 Kudos
Sandman333
Binge Watcher

Forget getting any kind of support.  You will be told by Roku representatives here that they are investigating the problem, and no solution will ever be offered.  These remote failure complaints go back years.  Roku got rid of their phone number, and they never answer chat support requests.  They have your money, so you no longer matter to them.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cytrdg

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried re-pairing your remote to your TV again and to make sure you follow the instructions when prompted as the instructions may have changed since the last time you paired your remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sleonard27520
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue since the last update.  The Roku Ultra voice pro remote will stop controlling the volume to the TV after about 30 minutes of inactivity.  I can re-program the remote and it will work again until the 30 minutes of inactivity.  TV is the LG oled C2.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Sleonard27520

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected Roku Voice Remote Pro. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos