Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgegenhe
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote drains batteries in a matter of days

I originated this thread and am absolutely over it.  Roku team members indicate a willingness to help but then go through a wrote set of troubleshooting points that *do not work*.  At this point there is no question there is a known issue, and Roku is both morally and legally obligated to address it.

Roku team, what are you doing to escalate this issue and get to a lasting resolution for the innumerable people who have this problem?

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

@jgegenhe Posted a similar thread, though this issue had come & gone (& returned) across 2 different devices & remotes, so I'm thinking it was something transparent like a software update.

I have gone to using a Fire tablet to prevent the pile of decent "used" AAA batteries from accumulating.

My rechargeable AAA's aren't cutting it anymore, though they may be old, or not holding High end power.   

The "app" on the Fire seems to have changed over time, now it will switch over to my channel tiles on the Fire during use within an app on Roku (totally different issue).   

The best remotes were the simple LOS (Line of Sight) IR remotes.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @jgegenhe 

Thanks for the follow-up.

We apologize for the inconvenience the Roku remote issue has caused you. To assist you further, we have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community. Please check your inbox since we've reached you from there.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Media_Guy
Binge Watcher

I vote the remote drains battery topic be closed unresolved.

No need to contact me.

0 Kudos
Cderek

Same here.  My two voice remotes go through a set of batteries every 7-10 days whether or not they are used.  Where can I get an email address to contact Roku personally to get new remotes? 

0 Kudos
Media_Guy
Binge Watcher

Clicked on this site then click on the remote controls icon and the unit that you have registered with Roku when you purchased.  Then click the chat option with a support person and provide them with the info they need. Hopefully you will get remotes in the next five/seven business days.  This is what I did. https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Has to be something with the Voice remote (constantly in "listening mode" or searching for my Roku Stick when unplugged).  I turn power off the the Stick when not in  use.   I have the settings with listening/voice off.  

In contrast my Express non Wi-Fi remote can last for a few years on the same batteries. 

0 Kudos