Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

Remote died and will not pair

Simple (not voice) remote died suddenly. Put in new batteries. No go. Unplugged/replugged. No go. Bought new remote (same model) from Roku directly to avoid knockoffs. No go. It will show the home page with all the channels, but it will not navigate. There are football games to watch. Help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote died and will not pair

Hi @utlinfielder,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your issues with your Roku remote that is not navigating your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can fix the issue.

For us to further assist you, kindly provide us with additional information:

• When and where did you purchase your new simple remote? Provide the order number if it was purchased directly from the Roku website.
  • Which Roku device are you having an issue with? Provide the serial number or ESN.

In the meantime, you can try to unplug and plug again the Roku device to see if it changes anything. Also, please be advised that your Roku simple remote uses an invisible infrared (IR) light to transmit the button presses a short distance. For your simple remote to operate reliably, it must be pointed directly at your Roku streaming device, and there must be nothing blocking the signal from traveling to the front of that device, where the IR receiver is located. 

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

Thanks for your reply, Eunice.

There are no numbers on the outside of the Roku "simple" remote I purchased DIRECTLY from Roku.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-simple-remote Inside of the battery cover is this number: RC16F-T14. I just received it yesterday, so it is brand new.

I have done all of the tricks I know how to do. New batteries, unplug/plug. I do know how to use a Roku remote as I have been your customer for seven years.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @utlinfielder,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

A nice guy from PBS came to my house to figure out why I couldn't access their Passport feature. I mentioned this Roku problem to him, and the first thing he did (which I had already done) was to check for the little button inside the battery case. There is none. He said I needed a different stick. So I ordered the Express model.

0 Kudos