Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Roku TV remote not working

Need help my Roku remote had broke so i been using my fone to connect to tv lately. So last night my tv was acting up I so restarted tv now I can’t connect to tv with my fone can’t get pass the screen when they have the languages you speak. Remind you I do not have a remote it’s broke i tried other remote it’s not working need help asap

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need help with my Roku tv

Hi @devontemoultrie,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a hard time connecting your Roku mobile app to the Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please be aware that you might need to purchase a new Roku remote to reconnect to Wi-Fi or a wireless network connection if you accidentally factory reset your Roku TV.

You can also view this support article by clicking on it.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need help with my Roku tv

You didn't restart the TV, you performed a factory reset. Unless you can connect the TV to your network with an Ethernet cable and get it on your network, you will not be able to use the phone app. Otherwise you have to have a remote. The advantage with a Roku TV is it supports a simple IR remote, which you can find in most stores that sell remotes for less than $10. Just make sure the package says it works with the brand of TV you have. Remember that until last year every Roku TV was actually manufactured by a different company. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos