Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Voice Remote Pro sound from headphone jack only now!

Jump to solution

Suddenly the sound from the Voice Remote Pro is only coming out of the headphone jack! I've unplugged my TCL Roku TV, taken the Roku Streaming stick out (and unplugged from outlet), tried 3 different headphones and still the sound is only coming from the headphone jack when the headphones are plugged into the remote. The remote is at 70% so it's not that.

I only bought this remote to use with headphones because the Roku Remote App is horrible (sound suddenly speeds up sounding like FF on a cassette tape & uninstalling/installing didn't fix it -others on Google play complain too)! Otherwise I'd go back to that and return this remote. 

Why won't the sound come out of the headphones instead of the jack!? HELP! And please don't give me the same steps I've already said I've tried like you always seem to do Roku Support (like John).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Re: Voice Remote Pro sound from headphone jack only now!

Jump to solution

I don't know how or why but after going into Advanced system settings>Network Connection Reset, the sound is finally coming back out of the headphones instead of the headphone jack. I'm still weary that this may be a constant issue that will arise at the worst possible moments like during my insomniac nights and I'll bother my roommate again with the TV sound. If it happens again, I'll try to post here but it ain't easy finding the blog & my posts. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't know how or why but after going into Advanced system settings>Network Connection Reset, the sound is finally coming back out of the headphones instead of the headphone jack. I'm still weary that this may be a constant issue that will arise at the worst possible moments like during my insomniac nights and I'll bother my roommate again with the TV sound. If it happens again, I'll try to post here but it ain't easy finding the blog & my posts. 

0 Kudos
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Finally had it with this remote so I just returned it. Bought an extension for my headphones with 10ft chord to plug into my TV. Totally forgot that most TV's, even Smart TVs, still have a headphone jack on the TV itself (tried it first standing next to TV since chord is short). So I spent $8.99 on the extension chord and returned this lame excuse for a remote at $28.99 plus tax. I got the better deal in the end and one less lame Roku device to deal with🤘

0 Kudos