Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamMartin65
Reel Rookie

New Roku remote is not pairing

I purchased 2 new Roku remotes and can't get them to pair with my TV.  The remotes do not have the pairing button and when I try to push down the home and back button at the same time, they do not pair.  Thoughts?  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku remote is not pairing

Are they Voice remotes?  Is there a microphone button on them?  Does a light start flashing on the remote when you press the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds?

For a TV, you need a working remote (or the Roku app on your phone acting as a remote) to go through the procedure under Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Add devices, but you can only pair a Voice remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
PamMartin65
Reel Rookie

Thank you for responding.  No voice, or flashing light.  I purchased 2 replacement remotes from Amazon, they look identical to the "Roku" remote, but without the purple tag on the button.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @PamMartin65!

Firstly, a warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

In addition to what @renojim provided, could you please send us a photo of it for us to validate if it is a Roku remote? In addition, you can refer to our Support article to help you Identify your Roku remote. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.