Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goblue4242

Remote control not working properly.

My remote does not work unless I remove one of the batteries and reinstall it. The battery shows full power. When the remote is not used for 5 minutes or more I have to repeat these steps to get it to work.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Remote control not working properly.

What is the model number of both the remote and your Roku device itself?

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Goblue4242

Roku-Ultra-Streaming-Device-4K-HDR-Dolby-Vision-Roku-Voice-Remote

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

So I would guess your Roku is model no. 4800 and the remote is RCAL7 (or RC691).  ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Freemoonspirit1
Reel Rookie

I am and have been having the same issue. It’s very irritating.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.