Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmbrook446

Re: Remote battery info will appear on the screen remote will stop working

I’m having the same problem. It handles all the Roku functions fine. However it will not reliably control the volume or mute. It will work once or twice then not. When it doesn’t work about 10 seconds later the remote battery icon appears. It has new batteries. I have unpaired and repaired the remote and set up for TV control but that doesn’t fix it. 
model express 4K

SN X01600UFV8XV

ID S07P427FV8XV

PLEASE help

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mmbrook446,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing the information needed by our team to work on this. We'll make sure to provide an update to the appropriate Roku team with the information you've provided with us. Once more information is gathered from them, we'll provide an update here in the Community.

We value your time, patience, and understanding as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
POS1

Has anyone got a fix for this issue?

I'm also seeing it with remote RC-FA1, its almost useless at this point, I have to take batteries out and put them back in, just to change the volume. I read every thread on here, paired, re-paired the remote. reset the remote, reset the receiver and of course, changed the batteries and checked them with w multi-meter.

what involved with getting a replacement remote?

thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @POS1,

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this issue.

Kindly send us a PM here at the Roku Community, as we may need to have personal information information to resolve this concern.

We'll wait for your response.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.