Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DE39

Remote Keeps Scrolling and wont stop

I followed all the steps posted here and my Roku won't stop scrolling. I replaced batteries, I reset it, I did everything. Can a roku costumer service agent help me.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Keeps Scrolling and wont stop

Hi @DE39,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are still having any issues with your Roku remote keeps on scrolling, please provide your Roku device's serial number.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pete9888

I'm having the same issue, wont stop scrolling while the remote is directed at the box. I have removed and changed the batteries and i have no stuck buttons.

Also now unable to use the roku box as of an hour ago my app is no longer able to find the device.

Very frustrating!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@pete9888

Thanks for the post

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the same issue with the home screen constantly scrolling.  It started last night. I changed the batteries in the remote, and reset the Roku several times.  When I took the batteries out the scrolling stopped.    I checked for any interfering remote.  The only one I have is the one for the TV.  None of the buttons on the Roku remote appear stuck.  Could someone please help me?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jgwilson624

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos