Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurel25

Rechargeable remote issues

Jump to solution

I bought my rechargeable voice remote from Roku in Sept 2022 and for the last 2 months when you pick it up something inside is moving around like the battery or some other component has come loose or something. It also has a weird "hot electronics" smell. It doesn't feel warm though. How long is the warranty on these and had anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Rechargeable remote issues

Jump to solution

Hi @laurel25

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your remote. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for. Please be aware that I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you ever need assistance with another issue in the future, please don't hesitate to post in the Roku Community again.

Regards, 
Nimfa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @laurel25

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your remote. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for. Please be aware that I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you ever need assistance with another issue in the future, please don't hesitate to post in the Roku Community again.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RedDeer49

Jump to solution

Thank you, support person. 
The POOR QUALITY battery is the issue , obviously .

Maybe ROKU could offer a “ trade in / trade out “ where the users could pay $5 / $10 for a replacement with a battery upgrade ?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RedDeer49

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you run into. Could you provide us with more details about the problem you encounter with your Roku remote? Do you have a Roku voice or voice pro remote? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos