Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bdogs

Rechargeable Voice Remote Pro wont pair with Roku express

Jump to solution

My dog chewed my rechargeable voice remote pro that is paired with my roku express. It needed replaced, so I bought a new one same as before from amazon. The old, chewed remote is still paired but is beat up bad. I can not get the new remote to pair no matter what I do. I've disconnected the express, reset the router, did a factory reset, and  disconnected wifi all after pressing and holding the button for 5 sec and waiting for it to pair. Nothing! Very frustrated. My neighbor is a tech guy and he is clueless as well. Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rechargeable Voice Remote Pro wont pair with Roku express

Jump to solution

Hi @Bdogs

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community! 

We appreciate you for bringing this matter to our attention. We're here to help.

Have you attempted restarting your Roku Express? Once you've done that, try pairing it with your Roku Express again.

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

• Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  • Wait at least 5 seconds
  • Re-connect the power cable
  • Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  • Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Please refer to our support page: How to pair Roku remotes.

Thanks

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rechargeable Voice Remote Pro wont pair with Roku express

Jump to solution

Hi @Bdogs

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community! 

We appreciate you for bringing this matter to our attention. We're here to help.

Have you attempted restarting your Roku Express? Once you've done that, try pairing it with your Roku Express again.

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

• Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  • Wait at least 5 seconds
  • Re-connect the power cable
  • Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  • Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Please refer to our support page: How to pair Roku remotes.

Thanks

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.