Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RalphThedog
Reel Rookie

Re: Rechargable roku voice remote pro is going crazy!!!

Mine is doing the same thing. Fully charged, flashes on the screen about every three minutes, the pairing light goes crazy, and then it still won’t work half the time…

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jlgezzy,

Thanks for getting back to us, and we apologize for the late response about this.

We have passed along your case to our support team. Please keep an eye on your email address, as they will reach you from there.

Simply get in touch with us and let us know how things turn out. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RalphThedog,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for reaching out. 

We're glad that you contacted us about this remote, and we'd like to see what options we can provide for you.

Could you tell us if repairing your remote and performing a system restart helped fix the problem? If not, please get back here, and we'll take it from there.

We'll be looking forward to it. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jlgezzy
Channel Surfer

No nothing will work iv tried fixing it!!! Something is wrong with it!!!

0 Kudos
RalphThedog
Reel Rookie

I have unpaired, re-paired, fully charged, done a complete restart to the system and the remote still flashes on the screen and doesn't work about 3/4 of the time!!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jlgezzy @RalphThedog.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused, and rest assured that we'll assist you with this. We have tapped our Support team regarding this, and your information and concerns have been passed along to them. Additionally, we want to inform you to check your email since they will contact you from thereon to assist you further.

Your patience and understanding are greatly valued, and we appreciate you for bearing with us in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jlgezzy
Channel Surfer

So at this point they sent me the wrong remotes to replace my screwed up ones i bouught and paid for the 38 dollar roku remote pros but instead they sent me the cheapo 19 dollar ones as to add insult to your inteligence i have been messaging them through email and they are not responding!!!!! Guess its for the best either way its gonna be a bad remote that will go haywire in a matter of months!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jlgezzy,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team. They're the ones that will reach out to you.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sunflrday

We have the same issue.
We have had the Roku Ultra for 3 years with no problems until recently when you would push the mute button it would go crazy turning the mute on and off and just keep doing it. This occurred with 2 different remotes and tech support had no idea what was causing this sudden behavior after years of problem free use. The thoughts were the Roku ultra box had a problem so we ordered a new one direct from Roku.

During the installation of the new Roku Ultra there were problems with the unit wanting to keep re-pairing with the remote after it already had. The pairing light on the back of the voice pro remote that came with the system kept blinking constantly. I called tech support and they had me reset the system by the method of unplugging and waiting and then plugging back in holding the pairing button when the Roku splash screen came up. This seemed to work and the remote paired up and the light on the back quit constantly flashing. 20 minutes into a movie the battery status started flashing up in the right upper hand of the screen showing a full charge and just kept flashing every couple of seconds. It stopped for awhile and started up again this time not stopping. I went thru all the remote troubleshooting tips on this site 2 or 3 times and nothing helped. I have the pro voice remote we got with our older Ultra and paired it up and it works fine. The problem is the remote that came with the new system will not stay unpaired and keeps flashing the battery status and because it has a internal battery that can’t be removed I can’t get it to stop. It keeps flashing up even on my old Roku Ultra. 

We got a RMA and are returning the new Roku Ultra and today and purchased a new Apple 4K TV. Our kids have them and have had nothing but good things to say about them. It appears that Roku isn’t testing firmware very thoroughly perhaps and rolling out defective updates and tech support can’t seem to help much. We just don’t have time to deal with problems like this. I’m sorry it came to this. We paid more for the Apple 4k tv but I think it will be worth it from the reviews we have read and what our kids have experienced. 

I have a hearing impairment and really struggle with understanding Roku Tech Support folks as it is based in another country and they speak in a heavy accent with broken English. My wife hears pretty good and she even struggled with it. I mean no disrespect by it at all. They are very nice folks. We just have a hard time understanding them.

I will give credit where credit is due and say it was a great 3 year run with the Roku Ultra with very little trouble while it lasted. My only wish would be they tighten up quality control because the unit we received and what others are getting should have never left the factory. I see there is no fix for this issue on the many many posts on here about the same issue. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos