Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDDAKINS
Reel Rookie

Re: Recent update = Volume buttons not working

Jump to solution

I am still not able to use the volume buttons on the ROKU remote and have tried everything posted.  Looking forward to a resolution.

Here is my information:

-Roku device model:  “4660x - Roku Ultra”
-serial number: YJ007V342059
-device ID:  CK38D7342059
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 Build 4177-46
-Brand TV: Sony

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with the remote no longer controlling the volume, we would recommend trying to re-pair your remote to your TV to see if that resolves the issue. For more information about how to pair your remote to your TV, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please be aware that we are currently investigating the issue and once more information becomes available, I'll be able to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Osugrad85
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Finally working for me too.  I didn't do anything on my end.  It didn't work for several days, then it started working again.

BTW, I had reached out directly to Roku support regarding this issue and their great (NOT) suggestion was to use the Roku app instead of the remote.  I responded and pointed out that the issue with a TV volume control issue and the app does not provide any volume function.  But they still responded and insisted that I needed to try the app and report back before they would move my issue forward.  What idiots.

Jump to solution

System upgraded yesterday (4/28/2021) to 10.0.0 Build 4185. Lost volume control from remote immediately after upgrade. Relinking remote apparently "worked" (completed normally, displayed "Success!", volume bar blinked once on completion, but no volume control from then on. Tried again with same result.

TV is older Phillips flatscreen, have been using with this Roku for well over a year.

Model 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick

S/N YF009L470734

Version 10.0.0 * build 4185-55

Voice Remote version 2.01.19.108 model RC339

0 Kudos
Flyrray

Jump to solution

Ive tried everything you have said and the volume and mute controls still don't work. Roku out front, fresh batteries, reprogramming etc...  can we roll back to before the "update " clearly its not working for alot of users 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FuzzyNoggin @Flyrray,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
MissRodeo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Programming for our Sharp TV doesn’t work after multiple tries. Working perfectly until last update.

0 Kudos
Patrathbun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you after hours of searching, your fix did it in just under a minute.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Email4jmt

Jump to solution

Thank you this solution worked! 

0 Kudos
judes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s been over two weeks. I submitted my information to the Roku help desk. Any word on an update? What about sending replacements or have  people submit a form for follow-up because no one has followed up from my contact within customer service. 

0 Kudos