Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MD1986

Pro 2 Remote Hands Free Turns Off and On by Itself

Hello,

I bought the Pro 2 remote late last month with no issues but in the past few days I’ve been noticing issues. I don’t use the hands free option so I have the button turned off but when I pick up the remote it will beep and pop up on the screen that the feature has been turned on and off over and over again and it’s getting worse like five or six times until I put it down. I notice when I squeeze the remote it happens reliably as well, the battery indicator on the screen also shows sometimes although not often. I’ve tried forgetting the remote and pairing it multiple times but the problem still persists and immediately after I pair again it’ll show on screen and beep. Also, if I turn the button to the on position it does not turn the feature off no matter what I do or even squeeze the remote. 

is there a way of updating the remote or is this a hardware issue? My Roku is also up to date at 13.0.0 build 24056-46

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pro 2 Remote Hands Free Turns Off and On by Itself

Hello! @MD1986,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for informing us about the issues with your Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd edition's head-free button turning on and off by itself. We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting and are glad to help.

Please check your inbox. We have sent you a private message to request additional information and provide further assistance.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.