Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options Button Not bringing up options during playback

My options button no longer does anything while playing anything. All it does is blink the red button at the bottom acknowledging I'm pressing a button. Help me fix this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Options Button Not bringing up options during playback

@Jayleenjay20-

Any particular channel you're watching when this happens?  Roku can pass your key presses on to the channel app, but what the app does with them is up to the channel's app developers.

Edited to add:

More and more apps are abandoning Roku's default * key for accessing options in favor of their own key selections.  I think this is to maintain compatibility with their apps on other platforms.

See if pressing the up or down direction key brings up the channel's on-screen options, as this is used by a number of channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.