Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adwissler
Streaming Star

Is there any way to press the * button and get the same options that you would on the Home screen?

Jump to solution

On the Search option (or perhaps any other menu option other than Home), it would be great to be able to press the * (asterisk) button and get the same options that you would if you were on the Home menu. This would make updating, removing, moving, or restarting apps easier, especially if you have a lot of channels.  Is there any current way to do this? Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Is there any way to press the * button and get the same options that you would on the Home scree

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @adwissler.

I appreciate your suggestion. I'd be happy to share more information about utilizing the star (*) button on your Roku remote.

It serves as a convenient way to access different menus and adjust various video settings. Depending on the app you're using, the Star (*) button allows you to quickly turn on subtitles and customize display and sound settings.

Furthermore, if you are on the Home screen, depending on what channel tile has been highlighted, you can remove, move, or check for updates. I suggest you try it and share your feedback with us. 

I hope you find this information helpful!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Is there any way to press the * button and get the same options that you would on the Home scree

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @adwissler.

I appreciate your suggestion. I'd be happy to share more information about utilizing the star (*) button on your Roku remote.

It serves as a convenient way to access different menus and adjust various video settings. Depending on the app you're using, the Star (*) button allows you to quickly turn on subtitles and customize display and sound settings.

Furthermore, if you are on the Home screen, depending on what channel tile has been highlighted, you can remove, move, or check for updates. I suggest you try it and share your feedback with us. 

I hope you find this information helpful!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Dear Carly:

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  Thank you very much.  I will try that.

Sincerely,

Andrew

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, @adwissler!

No problem at all! Feel free to reach out anytime you need help. You may also refer to our support article for additional help and troubleshooting steps. --> Roku Support

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.