Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gverntz3
Binge Watcher

Re: Only the power on/off and volume controls work!

So my unit was delivered to your shop last Friday under RMA 508741. when will I see an update on my replacement.  Thanks Gary Vernick 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gverntz3,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

Your inquiry has been acknowledged, and we're here to provide support. Upon checking, one member of your Support team has reached out to you regarding the status of your RMA and has provided details about its tracking number.

If you have any other concerns or inquiries, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ccurls,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

May we ask, how are you powering your device? Also, was this issue persistent to all your devices?

We'll appreciate your response regarding this matter.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gverntz3
Binge Watcher

Tried both USB ports. When I use another Roku stick on this TV everything works fine.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Gverntz3.

We have checked multiple devices you have on your account. That being said, May we ask for the Device ID of the Roku streaming stick with the issue?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gverntz3
Binge Watcher

Defective stick serial # SO8Y42722AVT. Navigation buttons, home button and back button does not work, so I can't get the device id.

0 Kudos
mmaz_snake
Reel Rookie

I got a replacement remote from ROKU and now mine is working fine.  🤞

0 Kudos
LeeDeYoung
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the same problem with my Roku Model 3820X stick. I have two remotes paired to this unit, including the one originally packaged with it. Both worked before but stopped working yesterday. Each has fresh batteries and can still control the TV power and volume. Neither works with any of the other Roku device functions. Hence, I cannot navigate the menu to attempt repairing. 

The serial number of my Roku stick is: S09041CRV400.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos
ICRED
Reel Rookie

I have multiple remotes doing the same thing.  I have to constantly re-pair the remote to the device. Also the batteries go extremely quick.

Device type Roku Streaming Stick

Serial number YH00F5441884

Device type Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number X01700JE3MGR

Device type Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number X01700SUT9L5

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Gverntz3.

Would you mind sending us a PM here at the Roku Community? We want to ask for personal data via PM to resolve this concern. To send a private message, click the user's name beside the icon, and you will be redirected to the user's profile. There, you will see "Send this user a private message."

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.