Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Only the power on/off and volume controls work!

Hi, @LeeDeYoung and @ICRED.

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this issue.

May we know what your device is running on? You can check it by going to Settings > System > About. You can try to utilize the Roku app remote feature as an alternative remote to do so. Just download the official Roku app on your mobile device and connect it to the same network as your Roku device.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bobbyloo

I have same problem and tried everything I read here but my Roku streaming stick 4K model 3820x will not stay paired with my remote. 
I used to be able to pair the remote but the last few time it is showing the “pairing remote” screen but the remote only turn the tv on or off, and control the volume. 
It is almost 13 months old so this is happened right after 12 months of used. 
can you help?

0 Kudos
ICRED
Reel Rookie

I called tech support and they are sending a new remote for another one. These two here are also having issues.  I am not using their phone for a remote control.

3810x - Roku Streaming Stick +

YH00GL138281

3820x - Roku Streaming Stick 4K

X1700JE3MGR

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bobbyloo,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll do our best to help.

Is the Roku streaming stick the only affected device among all your other devices? Also, by any chance, would you be able to provide us with the device's running OS? This information will be helpful for us to assess this concern.

Please keep us informed.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @ICRED.

We've sent you a PM here at the Roku Community. Would you mind checking?

We're hoping for your response from there.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LeeDeYoung
Reel Rookie

Janadee,

I have relocated from a hospital room to my home. I'll need to reconnect the problematic Roku device here. That will take me a day or so to accomplish. I'll get back to you when I've attempted your troubleshooting recommendations. 

For your information, I tried to troubleshoot the device in the hospital using Roku's iOS remote app (already installed on my iPhone). However, it would not connect in that location due to an unsupported IP address. I was powerless to reconfigure the hospital's institutional WiFi setup. That seemingly arbitrary IP restriction was unhelpful.

Lee 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @LeeDeYoung.

Let us know what you find out so we can figure out the best course of action to take. The device's information with the said issue would be really beneficial in resolving this one as well.

We have already responded to your message via PM; you can update us from there, as we may also need personal data.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BenjaminG

I'm having same problem as others are describing. Failed at 10 months.  Did all of the troubleshooting that has been described. How do I get a replacement?

0 Kudos
GillerB

I am having the same exact issues also. About 3 weeks ago, I powered my TV on and everything powered up just fine but, my model 3820X-Streaming Stick 4K remote would not communicate with the device. I replaced the batteries and the remote paired only to find that upon powering the system on again the next day to have to do the process all over again. That process only worked for those 2 days. Since that time the remote will not pair with the device. I have been using my phone app to use this device. One thing I have noticed is the actual 4K stick itself, that plugs into the HDMI port, is very warm almost hot to the touch. I've had this almost one year now and had no problems. Any information back would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: 3820X-Streaming Stick 4K

Serial Number: X017007PNH25

Software Version: 12.5.0•build 4178-CU

Device ID: S08Y422PNH25

Again thank you,

Brian

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BenjaminG,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about this experience. We want to assist you with this further. This case has been acknowledged and will be forwarded to our Support team for support. Kindly check your email from time to time since they will be reaching out to you from thereon.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.