Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Only the power on/off and volume controls work!

Hi @Gverntz3,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

If that's the case, we can try to re-set up your Roku streaming stick. Please follow the steps below:

1. Check that CEC is enabled on your TV.
  2. Go to the Settings menu on your Roku player and redo the TV controls setup for your remote.

Take note that not all TV models support CEC, and some may only support power and not volume. Consult your TV manual for more information. After doing the steps above, restart your Roku Streaming Stick from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gverntz3
Binge Watcher

Thanks, but I already reset the stick and once I turned off the TV the navigation buttons stopped working. 

0 Kudos
Gverntz3
Binge Watcher

Waiting for a solution to fix this problem. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gverntz3,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!
Please send us a private message so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."
We look forward to you reaching out to us privately once more.
Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Gverntz3 I am sorry if I missed this in an earlier post buy how are you powering the stick?  Is it connected to a wall outlet or is it powered by the USB port of the TV?

0 Kudos
Gverntz3
Binge Watcher

USB port. Tried on two ports on Samsung and then tried on another TV. Same problem. Once the TV goes off the navigation buttons no longer work once you power up the tv.

0 Kudos

My TV is a p l o l Roku TV 43-in TV

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @Wer123oiuy9876!

No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know what Roku streaming device your remote is connected to? In addition, where and when did you purchase it, and is it the remote that comes with the box? Also, what type of Roku remote are you having this issue with? Here's our Support article to help you Identify your remote. Have you tried to change it with a fresh new set of batteries? 

Furthermore, our Support article on How to fix your remote might help you. 

Please let us know how it goes and we'll go from there. We'll be looking forward to your update! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmaz_snake
Reel Rookie

@Gverntz3  I'm having the exact same problem, with the exact same model number (3820x) and it started around the same time as yours (approximately 2 weeks ago) after working perfectly for over 7 months.    The volume and power buttons on the Roku remote both work to control the TV without issue.    I noticed that the Roku app on my phone controls the stick without a problem, even when the Roku remote isn't working.    I have re-paired my remote many times, and just ordered the free HDMI extender to see if that will work.   If it doesn't, I will contact support to see if I can get a replacement remote, since the stick is less than 1 year old.

0 Kudos
Gverntz3
Binge Watcher

I don't think it's the remote because I have two sticks and both remotes fail with the stick. The other stick is working fine when I use either remote.

0 Kudos