Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christeen420
Binge Watcher

OTA...Simple remote direction keys and rewind keys quit working then work

The direction buttons and rewind|pause|forward buttons quit working when watching OTA channels.. I have to exit OTA and either reset cache or go to streaming and go back to OTA and then it works. New batteries in Roku remote. Very frustrating as it happens multiple times daily on my RCA Roku set. Anyone else? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OTA...Simple remote direction keys and rewind keys quit working then work

Hi @Christeen420,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having issues with your Roku remote since some keys are not working well. We would be delighted to help you further.

We recommend performing the below steps to see if they can resolve the issue:

1. Power-cycle your Roku player: Unplug from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. (Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now)
  3. Restart your Roku player. Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: Fix your remote.

This should fix the problem you're having, but if it doesn't, please respond so we can help you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Already done all that multiple times. It works ok for a day or two and then direction keys do not work so I cannot change stations on OTA. Nor will forward, pause, and rewind work. The home button works and the power button. Oh and paid stations on remote work
too. Just not the buttons I need.

After this and the removal of channel numbers because you all thought you know what or how I watch TV. Will never purchase anything with ROKU in the name. Not worth the many hassles encountered. 
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Christeen420,

Thanks for the additional note!

I apologize for the trouble these remote issues are causing. If my comprehension is accurate, the directional button keys are only not working when accessing OTA Live TV, right?

Or you're seeing this behavior when accessing your streaming channels across all platforms.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.